11.04.2009

Halloween and PW

See what I can get my mother-in-law to do if I have her for supper? Just joking Aileen. I could have asked really nicely and she would have done it, but I'm sure feeding her supper first didn't hurt :)

The girls were flowers for Halloween. We don't really trick-or-treat...they have a 'safe treat' downtown that the store participates in, so we just get dressed up and help greet and hand out candy.

Aileen painted Brooklyn's face, so she was telling everyone she was a clown.

I left work at noon on Monday and took a little trip to pick up Mom and Kristy. We all piled in Mom's car, and took a little trip to see the Pioneer Woman and get our 6 (!) cookbooks signed. She was so nice! She looked a little uncomfortable with all of the attention, but I suppose if any of us all of the sudden got famous because of our blog, we would be a little uncomfortable too! She had her mother-in-law and sister-in-law with her...they are all so pretty!


We didn't get back to Mom's house until about midnight...there were about 500+ people at the signing. We were in the first 100 or so (got there an hour and a half early), and it still took us 2 hours in line to get our book signed. It was worth it though! Then on the next morning to make it home in time for my doctor's appointment. It was a quick, but fun, trip.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures of the girls. We had a fun time Monday night! Gramma

Jen said...

I can't believe that you got to meet PW!!!!! I wanted to go to her signing SO BADLY, but it just did not work out. I'm jealous! :)

Thanks for the update! Your little flowers looked SO cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was fun to see PW!! The girls were very cute little flowers!! How creative.

Anonymous said...

I like your new background. Gramma

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous!!!! I hate living in the sticks where I can't just go an hour to the city to go to book signings like that!!! Boo-hoo!! Renita
PS Mom told me your happy news!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)